Sunday, May 20, 2012

Conclusion

      I will say that this process was challenging at times for me, seeing that I wasn't exactly sure about what I was doing and how to put together a well rounded blog. Picking my theme came very natural to me because I know what I like in art and I knew that dark, deathlike scenes were what I was going for. Finding stuff and collaborating all the artists in the way that showed their talents and accomplishments was hard. I did learn a lot about these artist's lives more and the trials they suffered, it gave me a deeper understanding of their roots in art. It gave me a chance to really explore my options, I could pick any artists and my first thought was pick "modern" artists, I felt that be easier based on the idea that I know more about modern art. That is why I felt the need to challenge myself and look for artists in our book, so I could get a better look into older art, art that isn't always appreciated.

      I think curators have a fun but challenging job, with all the artistic freedom they have they can put together something beautiful and express that emotion through their hard work. But it's not easy putting everything together and organizing an event to the proper standard. The process was long but it was very surprising to me how much symbolism can be found in art. Many used their art as a way of getting a political view noticed, and used death and despair as natural tools in their work. Many of the artists were faced with horrible tribulation, declining health, lost loved ones, unkind homes. This led to the incredible ideas in their art and the emotion they presented through that type of art to an audience even today. All around this process was challenging but rewarding and gave me a better opportunity to understand these different forms of art and the artists behind them. Art is such a wide spectrum of things, when I came into this I wasn't fully opening my mind but I've learned so much from art and my appreciation for art in this world is still growing. Without art, the world would be a dismal place.

No comments:

Post a Comment