Sunday, May 20, 2012

Deathly Hallows Exhibition

Seduction of Death and Despair

Artist's in this Exhibition are as listed:                                              
  • Francisco Goya
  • Jacques Louis David
  • Timothy H. O'Sullivan
  • Michelangelo Merisi da Caravaggio 
  • The'odore Gericault
  • Joseph Mallord William
  • John Everett Millais
  • Tim Burton
  • Andre Mantegna
  • Artemisia Gentileschi  
 
This exhibition of artist's is about "DEATH AND DESPAIR," in art.

This show is about "Death and Despair, " Two very prominent human emotions, emotions that affect us in different ways, everyday, and their appearances throughout Art History. The connection between these pieces of art is "Death and Despair," "Trials and Tribulations," "Health and Untimely Death's, and "Religion. I choose these artists based on how well they reflected my theme. I choose older artists because when I first got into art, I was mostly intrigued by "Modern Art," so this was my chance to really explore new options and open my mind wider in this huge Art world. I found it very interesting that most of these older artist's had very similar idea's and actions in their works as modern pieces of art in society today. Death is universal, any place and in any time period, it will always mean the same. They all dealt with very harsh lives and health issues. I choose one current artist, "Tim Burton," to get the point across that even artists work today can reflect similar ideals of older art. Art changes but stays the same as it follows us through time. I made all these connections but reading a lot about these artists and researching their works and triumphs. Every artist is different but we all came from the same place and you can see this in this Exhibition. So please enjoy this beautifully realistic show, of "Death and Despair."


No comments:

Post a Comment